Monday, July 26, 2010

Tool #10

In my family, my kids have all the neat stuff and I just "borrow" their stuff. Jasmin has the Itouch. I got to play around with the different applications it had to offer and I had the opportunity to download the KenKen strategies. After playing with it for a while, it gets addicting. I could really see it helping my kids with problem solving. This would be a great way to motivate the kids to stay on task in order to use the Itouch for a workstation. It's also a way to integrate Jing (one of the resources we studied from an earlier tool) with the Itouch. I could videotape how to play this game and then have the kids practice on their Itouch. Another application I saw that was great was the Math drills lite. This would be a great way for kids to practice their facts. What I liked about this one is that it tracks the kids progress for you so you can see the kids improvement. You could even set a reward system (kinda like AR) What a great motivation! Kids are so competative and there are so many incentives that could be set up in class or even school wide. There's a thought for the upper grades and helping them learn their facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment