Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tool #8

This tool was not hard for me. I use videos all the time in my class so that the kids can really see what I'm talking about. I have found new resources for videos rather than just using video streaming all the time (not that there's anything wrong with video streaming). I LOVE that I have a variety of resources to choose from. The links I chose below show a really cool video of the solar system and solids/liquids and it seems a little more real for the kids than videos I've shown in the past that are sometimes not updated or does not appear modern. I feel that if the kids can actually SEE what I'm talking about versus just reading about it or seeing drawings, it can really help to embed that information into their learning and help them to better understand what I'm talking about. I'm always looking for videos that uses the vocabulary they need to know, but that it is not so far above their understanding that they will tune it out or get more confused. Videos help the teacher enhance the learning. It's another resource that we can use to help our students really understand about the topic.




http://www.teachertube.com/members/viewVideo.php?video_id=17155&title=Solids_Liquids_and_Gases

No comments:

Post a Comment